Solarwinds SIEM: Log & Event Manager
Improve Security, Stay Compliant, and Solve Problems in a Single Virtual Appliance
Over 3500 resource-constrained security pros rely on SolarWinds Log & Event Manager for powerful, affordable, and efficient security information and event management (SIEM). Our all-in-one SIEM combines log management, correlation, reporting, file integrity monitoring, user activity monitoring, USB detection & prevention, threat intelligence and active response in a virtual appliance that’s easy to deploy, manage, and use We’ve designed our SIEM to provide the functionality you need without the complexity and cost of other enterprise SIEM solutions.
SIEM: Log & Event Manager at a Glance
- Collects, consolidates, and analyzes logs and events from firewalls, IDS/IPS devices and applications, switches, routers, servers, operating system logs, and other applications
- Real-time correlation to identify attacks
- Detect breaches with threat intelligence
- Supports root cause analysis with built-in intelligence that applies to networks, applications, and security management
- Blocks and quarantines malicious and suspicious activity, including inappropriate USB usage
- Delivers deeper intelligence and broader compliance support through embedded File Integrity Monitoring (FIM)
- Produces out-of-the-box compliance reports for HIPAA, PCI DSS, GPG 13, SOX, and more quickly and easily
Easy Compliance Reporting
Automate key compliance reports for HIPAA, SOX, NCUA, STIG, PCI, NERC, and more.
Out-of-the Box Intelligence
Real-time and forensic data is automatically refined, visualized, and organized.
Automated response with no scripting. Add actions like detach USB, remove privileges, and more.
File Integrity Monitoring
Meet compliance requirements and protect sensitive data by detecting critical registry activity.
Regular expressions not required! Highly visual interface makes customization simple.
USB Detection and Prevention
Gain valuable insight into USB device and file activity while enforcing USB policies.
Scalable and Easy Collection of Network Device, Machine, and Cloud Logs
Log & Event Manager collects and catalogs log and event data in real-time from anywhere data is generated within your IT infrastructure. Explore the supported data sources.
Real-time, In-memory Event Correlation
By processing log data before it is written to the database, Log & Event Manager delivers true real-time log and event correlation, enabling you to immediately troubleshoot and investigate security breaches and other critical issues.
Threat Intelligence Feed
Leverage an out-of-the-box feed of known bad IPs to identify malicious activity. The feed regularly updates from a collection of research sources and automatically tags events as they enter the appliance. From there, you can quickly run searches or reports to view the suspect activity or create rules to perform automatic actions.
Advanced IT Search for Event Forensic Analysis
Log & Event Manager’s advanced ad-hoc IT search capability makes it easy to discover issues using a drag-and-drop interface that tracks events instantly. You can even save common searches for easy future reference.
Log Data Compression and Retention
Log & Event Manager stores terabytes of log data at a high compression rate for compliance reporting, compiling, and off-loading—reducing external storage requirements.
Embedded, Real-Time File Integrity Monitoring
Embedded File Integrity Monitoring delivers broader compliance support and deeper security intelligence for insider threats, zero-day malware, and other advanced attacks.
Built-in Active Responses
Log & Event Manager enables you to immediately respond to security, operational, and policydriven events using built-in active responses that take actions such as quarantining infected machines, blocking IP addresses, killing processes, and adjusting Active Directory settings.
USB Detection and Prevention
Log & Event Manager helps prevent endpoint data loss and protects sensitive data with real-time notification when USB devices connect, the ability to automatically block their usage and built-in reporting to audit USB usage.
User Activity Monitoring
Improve situational awareness by gaining insight into critical user activities. Learn when privileged accounts are being used, how they are being used, and from where.
Out-of-the-Box Security and Compliance Reporting Templates
Log & Event Manager makes it easy to generate and schedule compliance reports quickly using over 300 audit-proven templates and a console that lets you customize reports for your organization’s specific compliance needs.
Ease-of-Use and Deployment
Log & Event Manager is quick and simple to deploy. You can be up and auditing logs in no time using our virtual appliance deployment model, Web-based console, and intuitive interface.
Who Should use Log & Event Manager?
Resource-constrained security pros challenged with:
- Lack of visibility into attacks as well as limited time for staffed monitoring
- Compliance demands requiring automation and/or file integrity monitoring
- Inability to prioritize, manage, and respond to security incidents
- Slow incident response time
- Inability to determine the root cause of suspicious activity
- The need to monitor internal users for acceptable use and insider threats
- The need to share log and activity data across security, network, applications, and systems
- Inefficient, inoperable, or costly existing SIEM implementations
How Log & Event Manager supports your security program
- Automation and embedded intelligence provide a Virtual Security Operations Center for 24x7 monitoring
- Faster event detection and alerting on threat intelligence matches based on IPs
- More intelligent and accurate detection of suspicious and malicious activity— including zeroday malware, insider, and advanced threats
- Eliminates time-intensive manual reporting processes
- Shortens time-to-respond duration through powerful forensics capabilities
- Automatically blocks abuse and misuse through active response for network, system, and access policy violations
- Monitors and blocks USB usage based on behavioral policy rules
|CPU||Dual Processor, 2.0 GHz|
|Operating System/Virual||VMWare ESX/ESXiTM 4.0 and above|
|Virtual Environments||Hyper-V Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2|
|Database||Integrated with virtual appliance|
Download the Solarwinds SIEM: Log & Event Manager Datasheet (.PDF)